Thursday 25 October 2012

Interview with Hello Quo Director Alan G. Parker

Before the premiere of Hello Quo  in London’s Leicester Square, I got the oppotunity to interview director Alan G. Parker.  With the release of the 50-year-spanning rock documentary on DVD and Blu-ray on 29th October, I sat down with the director of Who Killed Nancy? and Monty Python: Almost the Truth - Lawyer's Cut to discuss his most recent film.


We discussed the Spinal Tap similiarities, the rumours of a reunion tour for the original members of Status Quo and the challenge of fitting 50 years of rock history into a feature length documentary.  Parker also mentioned his next project which promises to be another definitive look at an international rock band.

I got to spend 20 minutes chatting with the director and found him to be a really interesting guy with a great love of music.  His visible tattoos and big frame but thoughtful tone make him appear the right guy for the job of making rock-docs.  I even hear he has a tattoo of Sid Vicious on his arm.

The premiere was on Monday night and as I conducted the interview the fans were arriving and the barricades were being erected.  I hear the band were around for a photoshoot but unfortunately I didn't get a chance to see them in person.  I recently reviewed Hello Quo for Filmoria and you can read it here.

I also asked Alan G. Parker about his favourite rock-docs and he mentioned the Metallica one Some Kind of Monster which I must see.  It's been on my Lovefilm list for ages but is one they have yet to send my way.


You can read the full interview with Hello Quo director Alan G. Parker at Filmoria here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in conversation! Please leave a comment on your own pondering.