Thursday 3 January 2013

Mathieu Kassovitz's Rebellion Trailer

My apologies if this is old news to any of you, but I just found out that Mathieu Kassovitz, genius director of La Haine, is bringing us a new film called Rebellion in February. Well I say new even though IMDb is listing it as a 2011 film but the release date for the UK is 12th April. Luckily I've secured myself a screening from Filmoria at the end of January so I will be reviewing the film asap.


The synopsis of Rebellion is 'dissidents in a French colony attack a police station and take hostages' and Kassovitz is starring in front of the camera as well as directing. It's been a long wait for Kassovitz to direct something with the extraordinary power of La Haine and I must admit I lost interest in his career around the time of Gothika. But on the other hand the trailer for Rebellion looks very promising. Check it out below:



It is a real-life hostage drama and might not have the cool factor of Argo but looks more serious and sombre as it tells a story that Kassovitz clearly cares deeply about. As well as directing and starring, he is co-producing, co-scripting and co-editing. With a $20 million budget, I'm hoping it will be a case of Kassovitz getting a big budget for a project that he has passion for and a film that can match the best in his filmography.

Anyone already seen this? What did you think of the trailer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in conversation! Please leave a comment on your own pondering.