Saturday 23 March 2013

2 Year Birthday and 150,000 Views

Happy belated birthday to the blog, sorry I missed it! It seems I started I Love That Film on March 5th 2011 so I've well and truly missed the official second birthday! Never mind at least this has allowed the total page views to reach 150,000 so there is a cause for double celebrations! It seems like only yesterday (actually three months ago) that I was celebrating 100,000 page views!

I'm useless at all the technical stuff so I'm afraid not much has changed since the birth of this blog. I probably write a lot more regularly and hopefully a little better. Instead of putting the love, care and attention into I Love That Film, I have been focusing more of my efforts on writing for other websites such as Filmoria and Static Mass Emporium.

I wish I had the skills and know how to turn I Love That Film into one of the most popular and pretty websites in the world but unfortunately I am lacking in the technical department so my design is the same old boring, unorganized mess it always has been.

Speaking of which, one thing I am looking to do is have header things at the top of the page so that you can get here and find reviews, stuff on horror, trailers, news, academic stuff and pieces for my media students really easily as at the moment I have no idea how people find stuff on this page if they are looking for anything specific. If anyone can help with this, I'll be forever grateful!

One thing that has changed over the 2 years of blogging is that I have moved my comments to this Disqus thing as recommended by a fellow blogger, Bonjour Tristesse. I'm not sure if it was a coincidence but I'm sure my page views started rising around this time but I also started getting a hell of a lot less comments.

When I first started blogging, I was very active in the community, visiting and commenting on a huge range of blogs regularly. Now I have less time I've become way more picky on the blogs I read and particularly the posts I comment on. This I think has also left me with far less comments on my own posts but I don't mind too much as long as the page views keep going up!

To be honest, I'd say 95% of the comments I receive these days are spam which I am also going to try and stop as they are getting on my nerves! Again, any advice gratefully appreciated!

I assume as I don't get so many comments these days that it is because I don't have many regular readers from the blogging community anymore which is really sad as there are a whole load of blogs out there that I completely love and respect. On the other hand I guess the page views must come from search engine results so I hope that means I am doing something right.

I'm not sure how to take this blog to the next level. I'm desperate to start finding some paid work as a film writer but not really sure where to go from here. I get so many opportunities from Filmoria that my work for them is just utterly awesome but it also costs me a lot in train fares to London.

This has turned into a rather depressing confessional diary thing. What is more the guy who helped me incredibly at the start of this journey, Scott from Front Room Cinema seems to have very sadly disappeared from the blogosphere.

Well I still love blogging so I'm going to keep going with I Love That Film but I'm also going to keep trying to take my film writing to another level somehow. As much as I'm in this for the love, I'd also love to do it even more for a living!

Thanks so much to everyone who keeps visiting, commenting, helping and supporting. It really does mean a hell of a lot to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in conversation! Please leave a comment on your own pondering.