Saturday 2 March 2013

February Movie News and Reviews

This month has not been quite so hectic as January was fortunately but that also means there haven't been as many highlights. I've been busy writing the second chapter of my Blair Witch book and working on the second chapter of my thesis. In between that, there has been some time for writing movie news and reviews and even some stuff for Yahoo.

I've written a bunch of strange stories completely out of my movie comfort zone for Yahoo. You can check them all out by clicking on my profile. These stories are on education, fox culling, the NHS and even the flipping Girl Guides which I obviously know absolutely nothing about. However these things get read by a wide audience and so I like writing them!

Enough about that. On to the film stuff. This month I have watched all of the following and if I wrote a review then you can click the title and be magically transported to the destination of that review:

Hitchcock
Holy Motors
Shadow Dancer
Lovely Molly
Evidence
The Raid
Take This Waltz
Seeking a Friend for the End of the World
Cloud Atlas
Song For Marion
A Good Day to Die Hard (at Filmoria)
Stoker (at Filmoria)
V/H/S
The Paperboy
Our Children (review will be up on Filmoria nearer the release in May)
Django Unchained
Zero Dark Thirty
Broken
Rust and Bone


My reviews of Warm Bodies and Dangerous Minds also went up at Static Mass Emporium. My reviews of The Bay, No, Black Sunday, The Fall of the Essex Boys and Lisa and the Devil were also published at Filmoria this month.

I also watched and reviewed some great bits of TV: the first series of The Killing and two episodes of the second season of Black Mirror; White Bear and The Waldo Moment.


The news stories I covered for Filmoria are as follows:
Die Hard 6 Likely
How to Catch a Monster Casting
New Spring Breakers posters

I also did a top 5 funniest sex scenes for Valentine's Day.

It was a great month for winning stuff too. I won a copy of American Mary on Blu-ray from a competition on Flickering Myth and a trip to Paris on the Eurostar from StudioCanal by tweeting about I Give it a Year! I also placed £15 of bets on the Oscars and thanks to Argo, Django Unchained and Christoph Waltz I came out £3.30 up! Nice!


To conclude, the worst things I watched this month were The Fall of the Essex Boys (though I watched it last month, the review only went up this month) and Seeking a Friend for the End of the World or as I called it on Twitter seeking an acting class for the end of the world. Seriously how does Keira Knightley get work?

Best things I watched were Holy Motors, Cloud Atlas and Django Unchained. LOVED them! And of course Black Mirror: White Bear which was one of the best bits of TV I'd ever seen.

What were your best and worst of the month or thoughts on any of these?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in conversation! Please leave a comment on your own pondering.