Monday 1 April 2013

Movies in March Round-up

I haven't watched or reviewed quite so much this month. In 2013 I have now watched a total of 50 films for the first time and 15 re-watches. I blame all the TV shows for the slow down this month. I've also been doing quite a lot of work on my thesis on found footage movies so that has been keeping me busy. Anyway without further ado, here's a round up of what I have been watching and writing this month:

Robot and Frank
Sinister
Killer Joe
Tape 407 (Terrible, terrible found footage)
Baise-Moi
The Incredible Burt Wonderstone
Sleep Tight
The Lords of Salem (review imminent)
Trance
The Liability (out in May, review currently embargoed)
Side Effects


I didn't review many of these but The Lords of Salem and The Liability will be reviewed soon at Filmoria. I also started Game of Thrones series 1 and Breaking Bad series 4, both ace so far. I feel like this series of Breaking Bad could possibly be the best yet. Game of Thrones has grabbed me and I'm just waiting for more discs from Lovefilm! I was worried the boobs might put off my wife but we're in the clear so far, two episodes in.

My reviews of Stoker and Broken went up at Filmora this month. I also wrote for Filmoria about who I think should direct the next Bond film, James Cameron and his carbon neutral Avatar sequels, and some news stories about the following:

Roman Polanski's Tess released on Blu-ray
The Lords of Salem new poster and pictures
Rebellion new trailer


I re-watched Shallow Grave, Sunshine, Millions and 127 Hours in preparation for my Danny Boyle retrospective at Filmoria. And I re-watched Terminator 1 and 2 with my Film Studies class at college so that we could talk about genre analysis and feminism analysis in films. We are studying Fight Club in another of my classes so I have been writing about Fight Club a bit and I also tried my first video essay.

I've been doing more writing for Yahoo about all sorts of strange things from praying to dog attacks to the Iraq war. Other stuff I've been writing about here are music videos and job roles in the TV and Film Industries. Overall it's been a fun month. Best films: (apart from re-watches) Trance and Side Effects. Worst film: Tape 407.

What' s been your best and worst films of the month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in conversation! Please leave a comment on your own pondering.