Saturday 9 November 2013

Fast and Furious Yahoo blog gets a new name

A while back, the editors at Yahoo asked all of us contributors if we would like to have a go at naming their dedicated blog pages. They wanted a name that would strike a chord with fans for each of the different sections they have on the Yahoo Movies website. As I am a regular contributor for the Fast and Furious page, I decided to give it a shot giving the page a name I thought would help it appeal to fans of the franchise. I sent in a few options and one of mine was picked which meant I won a reward of £50. Not bad for coming up with a few words.

The title I came up with is a direct quote from the first film, '10 Seconds or Less'. Series star Vin Diesel as Dominic Toretto says 'I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bullshit. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free'. It reminded me of the mantras that Patrick Swayze's Bodhi was always banging on about in Point Break and I thought it kind of summed up the ethos of the first film if not the whole franchise and certainly says plenty about the character of Toretto.

This was a few months ago that the competition to find a suitable name was made and ever since I've been pumping out constant news stories on Fast and Furious 7 and it is only this last week that the new title has been used in a sexy looking new banner across the top of the page. You can head over to Yahoo's Fast and Furious page here to check it out. Here it is below:


 Not only did I give the blog its name but I'm also filling the page with my news stories and loving every minute. Here are the latest news stories from the set of the highly anticipated Fast and Furious 7, I hope you might go check some of them out!

Fast and Furious 7 cast and crew racing to Abu Dhabi next

Fast and Furious 7 all set for spectacular Atlanta action

New still and behind the scenes photos of Jason Statham in Fast and Furious 7

New Fast and Furious 7 picture shows Vin Diesel and Dwayne Johnson at work

Tony Jaa and Ronda Rousey training on set of Fast and Furious 7 

More Fast and Furious stuff from I Love That Film:

Fast and Furious 7, fighting and Tony Jaa

Recent writing for Yahoo on Fast and Furious 7 and The Walking Dead

Fast and Furious 6 Review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in conversation! Please leave a comment on your own pondering.